First aid attainments are all-round abilities for assisting injured and unconscious persons. Skills learnt at Real First Aid provide capabilities that include response to low-frequency, high-risk situations for saving lives. CPR resuscitation techniques and procedures are a cornerstone of first aid training, and when delivered by highly qualified instructors using simulation training, the capabilities become deeply entrenched and ready to be called upon when required. If a person is unconscious or suffering from cardiac arrest, onsite Real First Aid trained personnel can make the difference between life and death.
What CPR resuscitation skills are taught in Provide CPR?
Real First Aid instructors are all qualified and experienced emergency services and teaching professionals. They understand the life-saving potential of CPR, along with the ability to guide and instruct every student to reach their maximum capability. Theoretical knowledge taught at Real First Aid is backed by role play exercises in a ‘learning by doing’ environment called Simulation Training, where course participants actively engage in realistic emergency response scenarios.
Course Length: 3.5HRS
Simulation training included
Certification length: 12 months
Includes AED Training
Real First Aid instructors teach students how to approach an emergency scene with caution and purpose, including communication with casualties, emergency services and assistant onlookers. Provide CPR (HLTAID001) delivers CPR and resuscitation techniques that are the most instantly recognisable of all first aid attainments, with the greatest potential to save lives. At Real First Aid, course participants develop the confidence and capability to apply appropriate CPR resuscitation procedures in every situation. CPR resuscitation variables include:
CPR resuscitation using chest compressions only
• Ideal for untrained or less competent first aiders
• Chest compressions are an essential cardiac arrest emergency procedure
• Delivering 100 well placed chest compressions per minute saves lives
• Extremely helpful when assisting more qualified first aid personnel
CPR resuscitation including rescue breaths
• Concurrent (one after the other) delivery of chest compressions and rescue breaths
• 30 chest compressions followed by 2 rescue breaths, then repeat the cycle
• The procedure can be safely performed until emergency services arrive
• If other first aiders are on site, emergency procedures can be shared to avoid fatigue
• CPR resuscitation and rescue breaths maintain cardiovascular function
CPR resuscitation with an automated external defibrillator (AED)
• Provides the opportunity for effective restarting of cardiopulmonary function
• Hands-on CPR resuscitation can be performed until the defibrillator is ready for use
• Real First Aid defibrillation training helps save more lives
What else will I learn during a CPR resuscitation course?
Every Real First Aid course engages students in emergency response procedures that make the difference between life and death. CPR resuscitation attainments are highly regarded by all employers, while schools, community groups and even regular family units are made safer for everyone. CPR resuscitation courses are enlivening and enlightening, with knowledge that includes:
• CPR procedural steps for adults, children and infants
• Understanding causes and symptoms of cardiac arrest
• Procedures for quickly administering CPR for the greatest chance of patient survival
• Deeper learning that facilitates composure even during distressing emergencies
• Airway management strategies, procedures and devices for best patient outcomes
• Understanding the differences between cardiac arrest and heart attack
How are CPR resuscitation procedures taught?
Real First Aid was established in 2014 to provide greater first aid capabilities among qualified first aiders. Unlike traditional classroom environments where rote learning results in passive uptake of information, Real First Aid employs dynamic Simulation Training in a ‘learning by doing’ environment. It’s well known that ‘practice makes perfect’ so Real First Aid simulates genuine emergency response in practice drills that include props to emulate easily recognised work, school or community scenarios. Student emergency responses are further enhanced by actors, props, real emergency equipment, sirens, 000 calls, teamwork and life-saving timelines.
Real First Aid CPR resuscitation graduates are ready for emergency response the moment training is complete, with nationally accredited qualifications learnt in only 3.5 hours and lasting for one year prior to undergoing a simple refresher course. Real First Aid is proud to offer the most advanced and progressive training techniques for the benefit of everyone, empowering course participants to act with certainty whenever and wherever an emergency arises.