- Ben KrynskiTrainerBen KrynskiTrainer
For the past 8 years Ben has been immersed in the emergency pre-hospital field. Beginning as a medic with the Israel Ambulance Service overseas volunteer program, Ben quickly became a leader, educating others. As an Instructor, Ben ensured new medics were capable of working in an emergency ambulance under very high-pressure situations in a dynamic part of the world.
In Australia Ben has been training emergency medical skills for the past 6 years with a focus on Simulation. As a member of the Simulation Australasia Human Dimensions Committee, Ben is at the forefront of evolving technologies and methodologies in simulation.
Passionate about research, Ben has several published articles and several others currently under review, focusing on methodologies in simulation, and pre-hospital emergency management.
As the founder of Real First Aid, Ben consistently strives for excellence by pushing the boundaries of what is possible.
- Motti BlumCo-Founder/CEOMotti BlumCo-Founder/CEO
After growing up in Melbourne Motti went on to study Accounting and Marketing at Monash University. Before he could set foot in the corporate world he was drawn to education and spent over 8 years working as an educator at Mount Scopus College.
Through his time in a high school setting Motti became passionate about the importance of effective and relevant education. This lead to him partnering up with a paramedic, Ben Krynski, to radically improve the standard of education in the emergency training space.
Together they started Real First Aid in late 2014 aiming to save lives by preparing organsations for the realities of emergency situations. Initially Real First Aid was limited to First Aid training, but over time it has become Australia’s only simulation based emergency training provider with Motti at the helm as CEO.
Real First Aid was recently recognised as one of Australia’s top 30 most innovative companies in the Anthill Smart 100 Index.
Motti is married to Carly and has two beautiful children, Micah and Rafaela.
- Jessica RossOffice ManagerJessica RossOffice Manager
Jessica is an Operations Professional who has worked in a range of industries supplying operational design support, project management and general office management and assistance. She is passionate about working with companies that focus on service excellence and values the experience she has gained with a range of start-ups who share that drive.
Jessica enjoys maintaining her fitness and likes to run long distance and play sport. To relax she loves to visit the beach.
- Rory NoonanParamedic/Senior InstructorRory NoonanParamedic/Senior Instructor
Rory began his training in the Royal Australian Navy (RAN), where he trained as an underwater medic. During his 6 year enlistment he deployed on OP RELEX--the fisheries and border protection patrols in the top end--and deployed overseas in support of explosive ordnance disposal missions with RAN clearance divers. From 2012 to 2016 Rory worked as an Advanced Life Support paramedic in metropolitan Melbourne, responding to emergency 000 calls in the community.
- Lucy ShaoCritical Care Nurse/First Aid InstructorLucy ShaoCritical Care Nurse/First Aid Instructor
Lucy is one of the Real First Aid trainers. She has been a registered nurse for 7 years with extensive experience in operating theatre nursing as well as nursing education. She currently works as clinical nurse specialist and clinical coach in one of the largest private hospitals in Melbourne. Lucy is passionate about delivering stimulation training as she believes in the importance of learning in a realistic environment whilst feeling safe and supported. On her days off you will find Lucy conquering the 1000 steps at Upper Ferntree Gully followed by a big scrumptious brunch as a reward.
- Chethan RangaswamyHead of MarketingChethan RangaswamyHead of Marketing
- Luke BairdParamedic/First Aid InstructorLuke BairdParamedic/First Aid Instructor
Luke holds a paramedic degree and has been working full time as a paramedic with Ambulance Victoria since 2010. In that time, he has developed an interest in improving public awareness of basic first aid as it saves lives. He believes with his real world experience as a paramedic, he will be able to provide a level of first aid training that focuses on the aspects which are actually important.
He is also a member of the Australian Army Reserve, serving as a Combat Paramedic, which has provided him with an in-depth knowledge of managing battlefield casualties.
He spends his spare time down the beach or playing football in winter for the Victorian Amateur Football Association.
- RayFireman/First Aid InstructorRayFireman/First Aid Instructor
Ray’s fulltime role is working in fire rescue and emergency medical response in the inner city. Ray has a strong training background delivering safety programs to various sectors ranging from retail to heavy industry. He loves getting away with his wife and two beautiful kids, and is always planning the next trip.
- Mark GriffinParamedic/First Aid InstructorMark GriffinParamedic/First Aid Instructor
Mark has been working full time as a paramedic with Ambulance Victoria since 2011 delivering emergency health care to the Victorian community. He is a clinical Instructor and an integral part of mentoring graduate paramedics new to the service. Mark is also a personal trainer and will out compress any student In a CPR challenge.
- Vincent LangenParamedic/First Aid InstructorVincent LangenParamedic/First Aid Instructor
Vincent is a first aid instructor, simulation facilitator and paramedic with a passion for emergency medicine and teaching. He has worked in areas including commercial shipping, recreational SCUBA diving and in community emergency response and is keen to bring real world experience to the first aid training classroom. Vincent is also passionate about travel, diving and the great outdoors.
- Brett MaraisCombat Paramedic/First Aid InstructorBrett MaraisCombat Paramedic/First Aid Instructor
For the past 8 years, Brett has been enlisted in the Australian Army, with his last role being as the senior medical adviser or Advanced Life Support Paramedic attached to the 2nd Commando Regiment. In this role, Brett has developed unique tailored training packages for combat and support units which he and his team have delivered. Having completed international deployments around the world in both a combat and training capacity, Brett has trained, advised and supported foreign militaries medical units and provided primary healthcare in both a combat and civilian environment.
- Jaime WallisParamedic Lecturer/InstructorJaime WallisParamedic Lecturer/Instructor
Jaime is a Lecturer and Ambulance Paramedic who joined Real First Aid in 2015. Jaime has a strong appreciation for high quality first aid training and the impact that this can have on both the first responder and patient. She brings with her a wealth of experience from the clinical setting and classroom that she is eager to share with the community. Jaime also enjoys long walks on the beach and hanging out with her little boy.
- Thomas GrayParamedic/First Aid InstructorThomas GrayParamedic/First Aid Instructor
- Anthony RedfordParamedic/First Aid InstructorAnthony RedfordParamedic/First Aid InstructorAnthony has 15 years experience in NSW Ambulance. Combining real world experience in pre-hospital emergency medicine and trauma management. He has responded to natural disasters, major incidents and has worked in one of the busiest 000 call centres in the world. A Paramedic, trainer and mentor, with the ability to provide a meaningful learning experience in the safety of a classroom. Whilst undertaking further tertiary qualifications in Paramedic Practice and vocational training in Work Health & Safety, he finds time to follow his passions of paragliding, travel and entertaining his 4 year old son who loves cars, mayonnaise and hide & seek.